To impress an F1 race car’s properties upon a gaming chair is an almost impossible task alone. Vertagear was acutely aware of this and the limitations when researching the Triigger. They’d intended on creating a vessel that held on to the spirit of a good racer but provided the comfort and technicality of an ergonomic office chair. The fruit of that endeavor is firmly encased in the Vertagear Triiger 275 and the Vertagear Triigger 350.
The Vertagear Triigger 275 is the cheaper option between itself and its larger sibling, the Vertagear Triigger 350. The Triigger 275 features 275 individual parts that make up its body and intricate frame, with many adjustable parts that are manipulated by high strength steel cables and controlled through the paddle triggers found on the chair.
- +Adjustability: The Triigger 275 boasts a unique controller for several adjustable parts on their chairs. Instead of the levers that are commonly used, the Triigger opts for a pair of paddles that mimic the paddle shifters found on F1 cars. One can control elevation and recline angle by using the paddles under each of the armrests; there’s also a paddle on the seat that allows you to extend and retract the lower part of it. The tilt controls are refreshingly new, as unlike most other chairs with their knob style “twist” control, the Triigger features a crank handle that is reminiscent of classical cars that needed to be hand-cranked to start. An adjustable lumbar support can be found behind the chair and is within easy reach.
- +Comfort: The Dupont mesh that upholsters the chair is firm but still breathable and pliable, making for a comfortable yet supportive seat. The focus isn’t only on short-term comfort as the Triigger keeps your posture healthy for long-term befits. The strategically placed leather accents offer grip in just the right places, without compromising on the surface area of the mesh.
- +Build: The Triigger 275 features a reinforced polymer frame, is holstered in Dupont TPEE mesh and premium calfskin leather. The base features a class 4 gas lift mounted upon an aluminium alloy frame with unique hub-less casters.
- +Features: The paddle system on the Triigger feels increasingly intuitive to use and I find that the actions start to feel natural after a short while. The moveable lumbar support is a great addition as well and is a tremendous help when you’re adjusting to the chair.
- +Accessories: The Triigger 275 comes in a small range of colours, which mostly varies between the base, frame and leather accents.
- –Comfort: If you’ve had bad posture drilled into you, then transitioning to the Triigger is going to be an uncomfortable experience. Your body will take about a week or two to adjust and this might easily put off many users.