The OfficeMaster OM5 is a unique chair in most senses. From the art-décor design to the auto-reclining seat, the beauty of the OM5 chair is in its casual manner of approaching stress-related problems with comfort. It was designed to be simple and elegant, yet still, compete with the Herman-Miller Aeron. The major difference between the Aeron and the OM5 though, is that the latter discards the manual adjustment levers for an automatic system that adjusts itself to your posture and movements.
With the series starting at $500, it is priced far under the rest of the competition. The price can vary by up to $200, depending on your choice in frame and upholstery. The OM5 chair aims to provide the adjustment options of the Aeron, but without the need for all those levers and paddles. The result is a chair that provides plenty of comfort and healthy posture without the need for so many user adjustments.
See the best gaming chairs here.
- +Adjustability: The OM5 OfficeMaster chairs feature only one single lever; this lever controls the chairs height and nothing else. The rest of the seat orientation, from tilt and recline to seat extension, is all controlled automatically, based on your body movements. A pair of rollers, one under the seat and the other behind the backrest, provides a smooth and weighted transition to the positions you require.
- +Comfort: The soft fabric that covers the basic version of this product comes in several color schemes, and is very comfortable. The fabric feels similar to that of a classic lounge sofa. The backrest is made out of a firm polymer base and lacks any padding, but it’s got a nice springiness to it. With a little extra cash, you can opt for a fabric holstered backrest. In either case, the backrest always features a breathable structure or material.
- +Build: The OM5 looks beautiful in the simplest sense of the word. The lines of the frame and the palettes of the upholstery gently blend into each other to create something that looks like fine art. The basic frame is mostly polymer with a metal base, is lightweight and very durable. The rollers and moving parts of the chair are quiet and smooth to operate.
- +Features: It’s main attraction is in its automatic feature adjustment. The chair moves with your body, to provide support and comfort to whichever position you’re in. Firmly leaning back while pushing your legs forward will recline the chair and adjust the seat. The armrests feature little paddles that open them up to adjustment with the basic 4d scheme.
- +Accessories: The OM5 OfficeMaster best gaming chairs offer a choice of leather, polymer or fabric upholstery, all in a choice of color schemes and palettes. There are also many frames and bases to choose from, along with headrests, a nifty coat-rack, arm pads and a stool type base.
- –Adjustability: Some will find that the auto-adjustment of the OM5 takes some getting used to since it’s a very different system compared to regular office chairs.
- –Comfort: oft-times, simply trying to stretch your legs will trigger the auto-recline and it can catch you by surprise. It definitely takes some getting used to.