If you’d rather have high-grade fabric upholstering on your gaming chairs instead of faux leather, you’ll find Nitro Concepts S300 to be one of the finest creators of gaming chairs. The S300 or Nitro S300 gaming chair is a chair that sets itself apart from other gaming chairs in its league by foregoing the usual faux leather upholstery in favor of high-grade textiles. Founded by folks with an extensive background in the textile industry, Nitro Concepts gaming chair have been made with heavily researched seating ergonomics to create their impressive line of gaming chairs.
In this Nitro Concepts S300 review, you will know that it is rooted in the firm belief that if you feel like wearing your personality on your sleeve, then, by all means, you should! For those of us who like our colours sharp and well paired, the S300 comes in many beautifully vibrant hues to choose from. Nearly all the options are dual-tone, with the exception being the “all black” model that wouldn’t draw any unwanted attention as an office chair.
- +Adjustability: The S300 is outfitted with a rocker and a tilt lock mechanism that goes with the recliner. The seat reclines to -135 degrees and can get close to a full -180 by releasing the tilt lock. The armrests on the S300 are fully 4D adjustable and are comfortable to use, even when reclining. The swivel comes paired with a class 4 gas piston to adjust height.
- +Comfort: The S300’s fabric upholstery shines in this department, complementing the cold foam padding with subtle softness and an aerated surface. The seat offers adequate lumbar support by itself but doesn’t do anything special for your posture. The foam padding cushions the “grabby” nature of the chair and the rocker, when it bottoms out. The headrest of the S300 also features an air vent that keeps air gently circulating around your neck.
- +Build: The fabric upholstery on the S300 showcases a fine weave of synthetic cloth that boasts serious durability. You’d still need to watch out for the occasional “car-key in your back pocket” moment, but the fabric on the S300 outlasts many faux leather chairs in its price range. The frame of the S300 is steel throughout and the base is fashioned out of a strong nylon blend, offering rigidity as well as a small degree of flexibility.
- +Accessories: Aside from the large selection of colours offered by Nitro Concepts, the Nitro Concepts S300 also comes with a pair of pillows for extra support. The lower lumbar pillow, in particular, makes a large difference in posture and helps you hit longer gaming sessions by knocking some fatigue out of those extra hours.
- –Comfort: The fins on the sides of the S300 could easily make it too narrow a seat for many, and after long hours, the way they restrict movement can become glaringly obvious.
- –Build: The rocking mechanism tends to bottom out rather abruptly on the S300 and creates a bit of an uncomfortable “slam” when it does. This might just be a defect with the model I’ve tested, but it’s still something to watch out for.