We’ve all considered Corsair parts when building a PC, but did you know that they’ve got their very own gaming chair? The Corsair T1 Race seat is the hardware giants’ entrance into the gaming chair market, and it’s making waves already. It’s very similar in style to a DXRacer, but with a few touches that add some extra flair and luxury to an otherwise standard gaming seat.
At $300, the T1 puts itself in direct competition with DXRacers Formula series. This chair doesn’t feature much beyond the inline skate-like wheels and race-style bucket seat, but for a gamer looking for the race experience on a budget, the T1 offers a comfortable and budget-friendly option.
- +Adjustability: For a budget chair, the Corsair T1 offers quite a bit of adjustment options as compared to most budget office chairs. There’s regular height adjustment, and that’s paired with a full 180-degree recline and a tilt lock mechanism. The armrests on the T1 are 4d adjustable.
- +Comfort: The Corsair chair features an ergonomic seat but a standard backrest. The backrest is very comfortable and the soft upholstery pattern makes for a breathable seat. The reclining angle allows for full flat lounging and the included strap pillows make it a comfortable option for a quick nap.
- +Build: The Corsair T1 shines in this regard. The upholstery is synthetic leather on cold foam, but it’s designed to look like the carbon fiber shell on an actual race seat. The spacers around the neck support are beaded with tough plastic, and the seat and backrest feature a quilted stitching pattern that offers a comfortable amount of grip and breathability. The base of the T1 features inline skate-like wheels and is steel. The frame of the actual seat is entirely steel as well.
- +Accessories: The Corsair chair comes with two quilted pillows that have a nice firmness to them. The lower back pillow is flat and sits higher than most throw-cushion lumbar pillows that we see with many other gamer chairs.
- +Comfort: The fins or “flaps” on the seat can get rather invasive at times and often forces you to game in a position with your arms straight out and hunched forward, and unless you’re a bit on the tall side and use the neck pillow, you’ll be forced to use only one position (which will be a little unhealthy for your spine).